In 2006, Wally was a morbidly obese man who weighed over 450 pounds and had many health problems. By improving his nutrition and adopting holistic healthy living principles, Wally was able to lose more than 220 pounds. By adopting these natural holistic principles he reversed many health problems including diabetes, obesity, high blood pressure, lymphedema, arthritis and sleep apnea.
Today, Wally is a Certified Integrative Nutrition Health Coach, Certified Nutritional and Wellness Consultant and is the owner of Wellness With Wally, a Nutrition and Health Coaching Service.
Wally is actively involved in local and national health promotion efforts. In addition, he works with community organizations and corporations as a speaker and educator.
• Author of over 300 articles on diet, nutrition, weight loss, sports nutrition and healthy living principles.
• Regular contributor to local and national magazines and health related blog sites.
• Author of “Maximize Your Life, Renew Your Mind, Body, and Spirit.”
• Creator of the 12-week health and wellness course, “Unlock Your Health Potential,” which has been taught at local companies over the past 4 years.
• Wally has given over 250 presentations regarding health, fitness, wellness and nutrition.
• Wally has been a featured guest on NPR, CBS and Fox News stations. As well as being invited to provide expert health opinions on various radio programs.
• Wally has been instrumental in the development and implementation of Health and Wellness programs for companies including a Fortune 500 company.
Additionally, Wally provides a variety of class formats (ranging from thirty minute to one-hour classes to full 12-week courses) for businesses that are looking for ways to encourage their employees to adopt healthier lifestyles. Improved employee health and wellness has a positive impact on employee attendance, work efficiency, quality of work, lower health care cost and overall associate happiness thus increasing a companies overall bottom line.